How to Watch Virtual Films
How do I purchase a pass to the virtual film festival?
If you would like to purchase a pass to the film festival, head to the virtual festival by visiting https://sdlff2021.eventive.org/passes/buy. Select the type of pass you would like and then enter your email address to create an account. You will then be prompted to enter your credit card information to complete the purchase of your pass.
How do I purchase an individual ticket to a film?
If you would like to purchase a ticket to an individual film, head to the virtual festival by visiting https://sdlff2021.eventive.org/films Here you can browse through all of the available films. Purchase your ticket by selecting UNLOCK and then enter your email address to create an account. You will then be prompted to enter your credit card information to complete the purchase of your ticket. Please note the full schedule will be released on February 25th, 2021.
How much are individual tickets?
Tickets for individual virtual screenings are $12.00
Are any discounts available?
Yes. The following discounts are available:
Senior/Student/Military – $10.00
Member rate – $9.00
Use code: Senior for Senior pricing
Use code: Student for Student pricing
Use code: Military for Military Pricing
Use code: Member for Member Pricing
How do I know my ticket order went through?
After each ticket or pass purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with details.
What if I don’t receive a confirmation email?
Log in to your Eventive account and see if this content has been added to your catalogue. If it’s there, your content will unlock at the designated hour. If not, please check your spam folder. If it’s not there, please reach out to one of our administrators at email@example.com.
Can I rewind or start a feature film or shorts program after I press play?
If you START the film within the 4 hour purchase period, you will then be able to pause, rewind, or restart the film for a period of 24 hours (from the time you pressed play).
Are films rated?
Most films are unrated since they haven’t gone through the MPAA rating system in place in the US. We would recommend you pay special attention to film descriptions; some films delve into challenging content and the description will help you make a decision for your household. Our films tackle difficult subjects that may be triggering to some viewers.
Can I watch live events from an Apple TV app?
Live events are not available to watch through the Apple TV App. In order to participate in the Q&A during a live event, you will need to watch from a computer to use the chat feature within the player. You can also watch live events from a tablet or smartphone, however, these devices will have limited functionality in the chat. YOU CAN WATCH FESTIVAL CONTENT FROM YOUR SMART TV. Scroll down to read directions.
Is there a way to create a festival watch list?
You can create a watchlist using the MY CONTENT LIBRARY feature in the virtual festival. Add content to your library by unlocking the films that you would like to watch within the player.
I bought a film and now it’s telling me to unlock it again. What should I do?
Please confirm that you are logged in with the same email address or Facebook login you used to purchase your pass. You can login using the login link in the upper right corner of the screen, or if you’re not logged in at all you’ll be prompted to login after clicking ‘’UNLOCK NOW.’’
Why does the image quality of the film change sometimes?
The quality of the films depends on a few factors:
- Your internet speed. The player will auto-adjust to your internet speed. Your internet speed may change periodically based on how many users are on your home network, the time of day, etc.
- The quality of the image depends on the source we receive. Please consider that we always use the best available material.
How do I adjust the volume on the web player?
- Hover the cursor over the video you are currently watching to make the video controls visible.
- On the bottom left, the sound icon controls the volume.
- To control how high or low the volume is, hover the cursor over the volume bar and click the left side to lower the volume or the right side to raise the volume.
MANAGING YOUR PASS
- Login to your Eventive account here: https://sdlff2021.eventive.org/welcome
- View your passes by clicking the pass icon in the upper right corner.
- If you see DETAILS NEEDED in red next to your pass, click EDIT DETAILS to fill in information that might be missing.
- Once you have updated your pass information, you are ready for the virtual festival. Click WATCH FESTIVAL to access the virtual festival.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO WATCH
There are different ways to watch your films from your computer to your TV.
Here’s how to watch a film in our virtual platform through a browser:
- Head to the virtual festival by visiting: https://sdlff2020.eventive.org/welcome
- Sign in to your Eventive account from the menu in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the Catalog to see our full program.
- Click on the film you want to watch.
- Unlock film with your festival pass or choose to pay for one film for $12.
- The film will load and begin playing once you click play.
DIRECT CONNECTION: COMPUTER TO TV
A way to watch a film on your tv is by directly connecting your computer to your TV via an HDMI cable.
APPLE TV APP (Available for Apple TV models Gen 4 & higher)
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store.
- Search for the EVENTIVE TV App and install the app.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask for a code to connect to your Eventive Account. On your computer, tablet or smartphone, navigate to https://sdlff2020.eventive.org/welcome and log in on the upper right-hand corner.
- From the same menu, select TV APP SETUP and enter the code from your Apple TV.
- YOU MUST FIRST UNLOCK PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER, TABLET OR SMARTPHONE TO BE ABLE TO WATCH THEM ON YOUR APPLE TV.
ROKU (Beta Version)
- From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the EVENTIVE channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2
- Click OK when the BETA version pop-up comes up.
- Click YES, ADD CHANNEL to add Eventive TV-BETA to your account.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask for a code to connect to your Eventive Account. On your computer or smartphone, navigate to https://sdlff2020.eventive.org/welcome and log in on the upper right-hand corner.
- YOU MUST FIRST UNLOCK PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER, TABLET OR SMARTPHONE TO BE ABLE TO WATCH THEM ON YOUR ROKU
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your computer or device, go to the AirPlay icon.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the film you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
Stream directly from a tab in the Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. CHROMECAST IS NOT AVAILABLE TO CAST FROM APPLE IOS DEVICES LIKE THE IPHONE OR IPAD.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and the video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue STOP icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.